Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Weirdest Feeling

The weirdest feeling is feeling an earthquake while sitting down and playing Yahtzee. At about 9 p.m. on Sunday, November 13th, 2011, a possible 3.0-3.3 magnitude earthquake hit, while I was getting ready for bed. I would say that the earthquake was scary because not only did I hear it through the walls, I felt it move my house from side to side and back again. the earthquake sounded like three semi-trucks parked next to each other with their engines turned on. This earthquake was not the biggest I had felt ever since I had moved to Southern California. The biggest earthquake I had felt was probably a 4.0-5.0. I know that all of the earthquakes I have felt were no where even close to the great Sn Franciso earthquake of 1906 combined.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sean, you were right on the magnitude-- it was a 3.1. Very impressive. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/ci15075388.php

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete