Thursday, November 17, 2011

More About Me

Here are some more details about me. These details are: I have lived in 1 of the 13 colonies. I have visited the other 12 of the 13 colonies. I lived near Civil War battlefields. I moved up through te ranks in ROTC. My ROTC ranks that I have held are Cadet/Seaman Recruit, Cadet/Seaman Apprentice, Cadet/Chief Petty Officer, Cadet/Ensign. I know a lot of cadets in ROTC. I listen to a lot of classic music. I am currently in my last years of high school, and I am on 2 sports teams for ROTC. Just by this that I have written, you all probably know a lot about me. I feel as if I had shared my personality. Just to let you all know, I am writing these for extra credit in my Lit class. I am going to see if I can write more blogs like this because it keeps me from getting too many thoughts stuck in m y head. There is 1 question I want to ask you all, and it is: DO you all think I should exercise my humor in ROTC? If yes, how many jokes should I crack in ROTC? The reason why I am asking is because I would like to know what you all think the appropriate amount of jokes told to m y fellow cadets without them thinking I am much different from them.

2 comments:

  1. Sean, that's a good question about using humour and making jokes in ROTC, and good of you to be considering what is appropriate behaviour.

    Humour, well-used, can make people feel better, can lighten tense situations, and can make work easier by giving us more energy and fun in doing it. But poorly used - laughing at people, rather than with them, or fooling around instead of taking a job seriously - it can be very destructive.

    I don't know a lot about ROTC, but I guess that as you've been earning your way up through the ranks, you're taking on more of a leadership role for other cadets? So, perhaps some questions you can consider are:
    - is my use of humour at anyone else's expense?
    - does my use of humour help build team feeling?
    - does my use of humour help us understand each other better?
    - does my use of humour make hard work flow easier?

    That's just a few thoughts off the top of my head - I hope they're useful to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that feedback is always a good thing to receive. I want to say thank you so very much for answering a very important question that I had. You're right about the ROTC, Bron.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete