Monday, November 28, 2011

Facts About Me and My Last Name

Here are facts about me.


  • My first name is the Irish form of the name John
  • My first name meas "God is Gracious: God is merciful"
  • I was born on July 4th
  • My birthday is the day and month when the United States declared Independence from England
  • I was born on a Tuesday
  • I am an officer in ROTC at the high school that I go to
  • I play softball and flag football for my company in ROTC
  • My ROTC unit is 126 cadets strong
  • My ROTC unit is not quite battalion size yet
  • I can throw a ball far
  • I am able for a promotion in January, 2012
  • I am the oldest out of 3 boys
  • In the US, I am 1/2 Texan and 1/2 Nevadan
  • I like many different brands of candy (must be chocolate)
  • I play war games on my Play Station 2
Here are some facts about my last name.

  • Of English descent
  • Dates all the way back to the early 13th century in England
  • Originates in the parish of Larington in Lincolnshire, England
  • Today the surname Hamby is numerous in Yorkshire country in England
  • Also originates from the keepers of the Hamby  bridge in England
Here is my comment: Oh my goodness, I am a Brit! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment