Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All About my Birthday and Birth Year

My birthday is the birthday of the United States, Stephen Foster, Louis Armstrong and Abigail van Buren. In my birth year, the San Francisco 49ers won the Super Bowl, and the Atlanta Braves won the World Series. The average price of a new home in my birth year was $135,300. The cost of 4 years of private college for me will be $321,650. In my birth year, the US average cost for one year of day care was $3,750. Also in my birth year, the cost of 1 gallon of unleaded gasoline in the US was at an average of $1.19. Here is a list of the children's TV, video, book, top dog, best movie, best actor, best actress, TV shows, and top record.

Children's TV: Sesame Street, Barney and Friends
Children's  Video: Cinderella (Walt Disney Company)
Children's Book: Walk Two Moons, Sharon Creech
Top Dog: Labrador Retriever
Best Move: Forrest Gump
Best Actor: Tom Hanks for Forrest Gump
Best Actress: Jessica Lange for Blue Sky
TV Shows: E.R., Seinfeld, Home Improvement, 60 Minutes, Grace Under Fire, NYPD Blue
Top Record: Bruce Springsteen, Streets of Philadelphia

Here are the top news stories of my birth year:
On Election Day, Republicans score major victories and take control of both houses of Congress for the first time in 40 years.
The professional baseball strike and hockey lockout (both over higher salaries) are ended and shortened seasons are resumed in both sports.
Americans rally together to provide support and aid to victims of a terrorist boming in Oklahoma City.

The famous events that happened on the date of my birth earlier in time are: the Continental Congress approved and signed the Declaration of Independence (1776).
West Point Military Academy opened with 10 cadets (1802).
Alaska and Hawaii enter the Union, 1959 and 1960.

Source: My Birthday Keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment